4 ways how to make a website
We want to help you understand how to make a website, that will work for you. We’ll give you a step-by-step plan for creating a website for any design
- elect the type of point;
- choose the right domain and hosting;
- find a website builder or platform that will cover all the “requirements”;
- decide who will create it for you.
We assign an important role to our website, that will encourage the growth of our business, income or image of the company. What’s website and what do we need it for? Imagine that a website is an office or a store. To find it, the Buyer uses the address (domain). How to not only hold dear guests, but also encourage them to make a purchase or leave data, depends on how thoughtful, modern and engaging your website will be.
Step 1. It’s important to determine the type of website
→ Portfolio – helps you to tell your story and shows your works. In short, it’s like your online CV with the examples of what you can do. It needs to have responsive design and easy navigation. There are many advantages in having portfolio
- it will be available to employers or users 24/7;
- it provides an option to develop a personal brand;
- helps to increase your income expectations.
Portfolio is a must-have for shutterbugs, web designers, inventors, artists, illustrators, models, actors. Indeed, commercial websites and online stores need portfolios with successful cases as well. According to experts from the Upwork platform, in 2021 it’s by 12 times further effective to give a link to your portfolio website than to use business card.
→ Blog is a place where text content plays the most important role. Blog is a large number of articles with useful information. When you feel like an expert in any field, it’s time to start a blog. There you can share your experience and knowledge, and at the same time attract traffic, that will bring you income.
Start promoting your personal brand through a blog. To do this, you must regularly write authentic stories. For example, in the movie JULIE & JULIA, the promoter Julie Powell runs a culinary blog and becomes a blogger. You can create a well-known brand that attracts followers and it’s much easier to interrogate with “hot” followers than with the “cold” ones.
→ Online store is a website that has product cards with description, prints and a shopping cart. An important feature of any card is the presence of two buttons “Quick purchase” and “Add to the cart”. We also keep in mind the necessary online store features
- Filters to ease the search;
- Sorting, by price, color, weight;
- Presence of all socialmedia buttons to grant the proper feedback;
- The mobile adaptation must be great on any device;
We recommend placing an online store on the WordPress platform, if your assortment is up to 500 items. And OpenCart if more than 500. Ecommerce platforms such as Amazon, Ali Express use their own self-written kernel, but its development is quite expensive.
Professionals know how to make a website for an online store not only to engage users, but to make them to do targeted action, i.e. to encourage them to make a purchase. If you examine Portfolios of website creating agencies you may find one that suits you.
→ Corporate website builds the reputation and image of the company in user’s minds. Makes it recognizable thanks to the logo, commercial colors, information about team, partners, product or services. In case of corporate website, it’s useless to make a website without professional help. Too much is at stake: reputation, brand recognition, smart use of Marketing and SEO strategies. Companies and Startups need a corporate website to produce a respectable image or attract an investment. After all, if you aren’t on the Internet, you’re exist nowhere.
Step 2. We need the proper domain and choose the right hosting
Domain is the address or name of the website. It should be clear, readable and memorable. There are two approaches to choosing a domain:
- A catchy name that carries some kind of communication, which, together with the logo and commercial colors, will present you to your customer. For example, red.com or apple.com;
- Keyword or keyphrase, for example, detoxcosmetics.com, buysmarthouse.com, usacars.com. When the domain of the website contains a keyword, it simplifies the traffic growth on Google, Yandex, Yahoo. We recommend to giveyour preference to the second option as the traffic is a king. Keep in mind, that it’s possible that the domain you come up with can be busy, so breath and feel free to check other variants. A unique address will work with top-level domains com;. net;. org.
Although, you can choose the hosting by yourself, but the best thing to do is to make it with your website developers. After all, the loading speed of your site depends on the hosting, i.e. on how well it allows you to optimize the server. You can check the website loading speed by using the Google PageSpeed resource.
Step 3. Choosing a platform for creating a website
Why, of the numerous platforms and website builders, we recommend WordPress in the first place?! It’s simple as that:
- 44% of all websites on the World Wide Web are created on the WordPress;
- The Walt Disney Company, TechCrunch, Microsoft News, Ted Blog, BBC America, PlayStation, Skype, MTV News, Vogue, Evernote, Angry Birds, Snoop Dog, Beyonce, Facebook Newsroom-the list is endless. And this isn’t the the small partof all the companies that have entrusted their websites to WordPress;
- Engaging interface simplifies website operation. And the presence of plugins and themes helps to fill it with bright ultramodern content;
- The Yoast SEO plugin will help you make SEO on WordPress. It’s your Assistant to work out a website promotion strategy in the web space. It allows you to look at the work of your site through the eyes of the Google and Yandex robots. You’ll get tips for optimizing your SEO strategy: whether your content is unique, usage of keywords, adding meta-titles and descriptions, in a word, tips on what needs to be fixed to increase traffic;
- There are a lot of hidden expenses on other platforms like Wix and Shopify. Each extension of the functionality brings extra costs. WordPress is known as the convenient engine for creating websites. Many features and plugins on WordPress are available for free or with a one-time payment.
Step 4. You want to try to create website on your own or let’s find professionals
You have come to the most important step that affects the success of your website. We agreed before that the website works for your wallet: it attracts traffic, monetizes your efforts and covers time spent on this project.
In addition to choosing the right point structure, images, photos, design and domain, the content posted on the site is very important. Content that works for you should:
- be unique, i.e. one that hasn’t been used anywhere yet. The uniqueness must be at least 95%. We recommend check your content on the following platforms: Content Plagiarism Checker, Plagiarisma, Grammarly, etc.
- contain keywords that people type in when search web. Keywords are used by robots to determine the themeand quality of content; this enables users to find you. To find and assess keywords, we use the following services Serpstat, Google Keywords Planner, Key Collector, Ahrefs.
- stick to the rule of priority, i.e. content that was already posted on social media can not be posted on the website, as for robots it’ll lose uniquenessand, as a result, will get negative reactions in search engine algorithms. First post content on the website, then you can post it on your social media;
- use unique images and photos. The thing is, that lately search robots have become so “smart” that they can read what’s shown in the picture and how unique this image is. It’s also important to use the Alt and Title attributes with keywords, i.e. give the proper description to this part of content. Keep in mind – Traffic is a Master.
Why choose Agency Nixwood
Our team will cover all the stages described above
→ UI-UX Developer;
→ Content Director;
→ DevOps Mastermind.
The most advanced freelancer can’t cover this all alone. This is the part, where the understanding comes, that a team of professionals having experience with different systems is much more appealing from the “Price = Quality” point of view.
Nixwood web designing studio creates websites that inspire users to interact with your product and encourage them to make the targeted action: place an order, follow a link, register. Our customers constantly get their guests online, without extra costs for SEO and advertising.
We make your success together with you.
Read this articles.
How to make money online from home
Let’s start from the very beginning. What did our ancestors do for a living? First and foremost, they worked hard.…
Custom website design or social media page: what is the best?
Custom website design or only social media activity? Is it important to create a website, or promoting on social media…
How to create the best website for your business?
How to create a website for your business? Every business owner wants to have the best one for users to…
SEO company and why any business needs it for good work?
SEO company and its specificity is an actual problem. Here you will find information about why for small, medium, and…
SEO company myths in 2021 and how to overcome them?
SEO company is really important for your business growth. It helps businesses to earn maximum traffic and conversions. You can…